Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Search Engine Optimization

Off the bat I wasn't quite sure what search engine optimization was, but after doing a quick Google search I realized that I knew much more about it then I was expecting.  I am surprised by the amount of information that is available on the internet about search engine optimization.  I was able to find out the definition of SEO,  which according to searchengineland.com "is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines".  I was also able to learn about the pricing of SEO.  I then read about some basic tips about getting started with SEO.  I found the list on businessinsider.com, I really liked it because it was basic enough for a beginner to understand, but the information was relevant and it was useful.  The first step they talk about is, to monitor where you stand.  This means, to get familiar with your presence online, also they state that it is important to track where your visitors are coming from.  Another tip that I thought was very good was to link back to yourself.  The article goes on to say that it is crucial to use keywords when linking back to yourself, but you don't want to be excessive, to many links will drive customers away.

I think SEO is a cool concept, I really enjoyed learning more about it and realizing the importance of it.  I also think that if a company is able to do this well, they will increase their business by a lot.  It will be cool to look for SEO in the future, now that I am familiar with it, and see which companies are doing it well and utilizing it well, and also see which companies should work on their SEO or who is doing it to much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment